DD Free Dish will increase from 116 TV channels to 250
As part of a major expansion plan of the Public Broadcasting Service using the BIND Scheme, Prasar Bharati plans to increase the capacity of its Doordarshan Free Dish from the existing 166 TV channels to around 250 TV channels. More recently, the government promised to run 50+ educational TV channels in a few years. Which has also been completed, and with the help of those channels today the children of the country are getting educated at home even during the Corona period.
For this, the government has approved the 'Broadcast Infrastructure Network Development (BIND) scheme with an outlay of Rs 2,539.61 crore for the modernization and development of Air India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan.
Prasar Bharati CEO Gaurav Dwivedi said that the Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development (BIND) scheme recently approved by the Union Cabinet will improve the broadcasting infrastructure in the country and help expand the All India Radio and Doordarshan networks.
He said that through this scheme (BIND) -
- FM radio coverage in the country will be increased to six lakh square kilometers. It will be expanded mainly in Left Wing Extremism affected areas and border areas.
- Under this plan, the FM coverage in the country will increase from the current 58 percent to 66 percent in four years in terms of geographical areas.
- DD Free Dish will expand its network capacity to 250 channels from the current 116 channels.
- New technologies including augmented reality and virtual reality will be introduced as part of the modernization plan.
- Many people will get direct and indirect employment through this scheme.
Source/Courtesy: DD News Telangana/YouTube
Also, Know the technology that can increase TV channels in DD Free Dish
If you want to get such amazing information about the country's free TV service by email, then subscribe now.