New Update on 31st December 2020
As you know Prasar Bharati announced for 51st online e-auction for the MPEG-4 slot. Now, this e-Auction is completed, a total of one TV channel won the slot. Here is the name of the TV channel -
Old Update -
Notice inviting applications for allotment of vacant MPEG-4 slots of DD Free Dish on a pro-rata basis for the period from 1st January to 31st March 2021.
1. Prasar Bharati invites applications for allotment of vacant MPEG-4 slots of DD Free Dish DTH Platform for the period from 01.01.2021 to 31.03.2021 through 51st online e-auction process to be tentatively held on 28.12.2020 afternoon.
2. The slots will be allotted as per the procedure explained in Clause (r) of Annexure-2 of the policy guidelines for allotment of DD Free Dish slots notified on 15.01.2019 and as amended vide amendment notified on 01.11.2019 which are available on the websites, http://doordarshan.gov.in and http://prasarbharati.gov.in. E-auction, if required, will be held on 28.12.2020.
3. Only satellite channels licensed by the Ministry of I&B for downlinking in India would be allotted slots on DD Free Dish. Only license holder company or their authorized distributor partners can apply for the allocation of the DD Free Dish slot.
4. In case the applicant company is other than the licensee, the document/agreement signed between the license Holder Company and the applicant company authorizing the applicant/bidder for distribution of the channel and bidding on behalf of the licensee must be submitted.
5. International Public Broadcasters licensed/registered/permitted by the Ministry of I&B can also participate in the e-auction.
6. The channel provider shall be required to notify viewers of the need to use the Prasar Bharati authorized Set-top-Boxes (STBs).
7. Prasar Bharati reserves all rights to restrict access of MPEG-4 signals to unauthorized STBs at any point in time.
8. Bidding in the e-auction of MPEG-4 slots will be open to all genre (language) Channels at a starting reserve price of Rs. 28.91/- Lakhs for the period from 01.01.21to 31.03.2021.
9. Successful bidders shall be required to make the payments in 02 monthly installments as per the payment schedule prescribed under clause (5) of the policy guidelines for allotment of DD Free Dish slots. Each installment will be 1/2nd of the difference of bid amount and participation fee.
10. Online training will be provided to all eligible participants before the commencement of the actual e-Auction.
11. If required, Prasar Bharati/Doordarshan can extend e-Auction to the next day or as the case may be.
For details like e-auction process, terms & conditions and payment schedule, etc. please refer to policy guidelines available on the website, http://doordarshan.gov.in, and http://prasarbharati.gov.in
13. Prasar Bharati reserve the right to accept/reject/cancel/amend the e-Auction/slot at any time during the e-Auction or after e-Auction.
14. Interested broadcasters may apply online at https://fdslots.prasarbharati.org and upload all required documents as prescribed in the application. Please note that it is mandatory to pay the non-refundable processing fee of Rs.25,000/- online at the above portal to submit the application. The participation fee of Rs. 1.25 Lakh (Rupees one lakh twenty-five thousand only) is to be paid only through Demand Draft. A copy of the participation fee demand draft is to be uploaded online.
15. List of documents to be uploaded online is at ANNEXURE-1.
16. After submission of the online application, the original demand draft for the participation fee along with the printout of acknowledgment received for submission of online application is to be submitted in sealed cover either in person or by Speed/Registered Post addressed to Director (DTH) Room No. 601, Tower-A, Directorate General: Doordarshan, Doordarshan Bhawan, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi-110001 latest by 28.12.2020 latest by 12.00 Noon.
17. For unsuccessful bidders, the participation fee will be refunded within three weeks after the declaration of the results of the e-auction. For successful bidders, the participation fee will be adjusted in the final installment of the carriage fee/bid amount.
18. Successful Channels for MPEG-4 / i-CAS slot will be required to arrange their own IRD Box in advance at DTH Earth Station, Todapur, New Delhi, to place their Channel on DD Free Dish Platform.
19. The Last Date for submission of applications is 28.12.2020 at the latest by 12.00 Noon