Latest Update -
Results of the 52nd e-auction
Channels to be removed from 1st April 2021
- Surya Cinema
- Surya Bhojpuri
- News 24
- Maha Punjabi
- Lord Buddha TV
New TV Channels to be available from 1st April 2021-
This is good news for DD Free dish fans and private TV channels that Prasar Bharati has invited applications for satellite TV channels to participate in MPEG-2 slots of DD Free dish.
It is 3rd annual e-auction process to be tentatively held from 22nd February 2021.
This 52nd e-auction will be processed according to new policy guidelines which notified by Prasar Bharati on 15/01/2019, which is already amendment notified on 1st November 2019.
Which TV channels can participate in the 52nd e-auction?
The satellite TV channels which are licensed by the Ministry of I&B for downlinking in India would be allotted slots on DD Free dish. International TV channels can also participate in this 52nd e-auction 2021.
Prasar Bharati has reserved the price for MPEG-2 slots according to the below bucket/categories -
- Bucket A+ - All GEC (Hindi) TV channels - 15 Crore
- Bucket A - All Movie (Hindi) TV channels - 12 Crore
- Bucket B - All Music (Hindi) channels, Sports (Hindi) channels, GEC (Bhojpuri) channels, Movies (Bhojpuri) channels, and Teleshopping (Hindi) channels - 10 Crore
- Bucket C - News & Current affairs (Hindi / English / Punjabi) channels - 7 Crore
- Bucket D - All other remaining Genre (Language) channels and Regional Teleshopping channels - 6 Crore
- Bucket R1 - Devotional / Spiritual / Aayush channels - 3 Crore
The interesting TV channel can participate in the 52nd e-auction and can bid above this reserve price.
Interested broadcasters may apply online at https://fdslots.prasarbharati.org and upload all required documents as prescribed in the application.
You can checklist of documents and original advertisement by Prasar Bharati from here related to 52nd DD Free dish e-Auction.