Prasar Bharati Notice for inviting applications for New Private TV channels for allotment of vacant MPEG-4 slots through the 3rd annual (53rd) e-auction process in 2021
This is good news for DD Free dish HD and DD Free dish MPEG-4 subscribers because Prasar Bharati going to held another e-auction process for DD Free dish vacant MPEG-4 satellite television slots.
- Private TV channels can book the slot by taking part in the 53rd online e-auction process.
- These TV channels will be available on DD Free dish from period 1st April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- This e-auction will be held according to new policy guidelines which are applicable from 22 February 2021.
- Prasar Bharati reserves all rights to restrict access of MPEG-4 signals to unauthorized STBs at any point in time
- The channel provider shall be required to notify viewers of the need to use the Prasar Bharati authorized Set-top-Boxes (STBs).
- Bidding in the e-auction of MPEG-4 slots will be open to all genre (language) Channels at the reserve price of Rs. 50.0 Lakhs/annum.
- Indian and International satellite channels licensed by the Ministry of I&B for downlinking in India can participate in this e-auction, to broadcast those channels all over India without any subscription using DD Free dish.