But now the information and broadcasting ministry issued an order shutting down the traditional analogue transmitters at 18 locations in India to start with digital technology. So Doordarshan is migrating to digital terrestrial broadcasting as going digital will provide multiple programme channels, high quality digital video and audio quality, availability of signals on mobile and portable devices like Smartphone’s, tablets and laptop or computers etc.
What is benefits of digital terrestrial broadcasting?Here are few best points so you can understand all benefits of digital terrestrial broadcasting:
1. DTT is the better signal quality which increases rejection of noise and interference. Interference with digital transmissions does not create the same type of visual distortion often experienced by in old analogue transmission. You can receive high quality picture in high definition and high quality sound in AC3 Dolby (if Broadcaster providing it).
2. Digital terrestrial broadcasting will help nation for boost sales of TV sets, Smartphone’s, Digital FM Receivers or integrated digital tuners (iDTVs), Digital Portable Video Receivers etc because change of DTT, it creates demand for the equipment necessary to receive and decode digital TV signals.
3. DTT delivers an attractive, low cost multi-channel service offering to a wide audience. Local city administration can launch private TV channel for local news, entertainment and advertisements. DTT also have the ability to provide more opportunities to deliver niche, regional and community content.
4. By using Digital terrestrial broadcasting, you can receive Digital TV channels and Digital Radio or FM channels also.
5. These Digital TV channels and Radio / FM channels can be receive and install in Smartphone’s, Cars, Buses, Trains and other public places.
6. Digital terrestrial broadcasting allows introduction of HD and full-HD services. In future, if there is adequate bandwidth available if may also support the introduction of ultra-HD services.
7. Digital terrestrial broadcasting is capable of support a conditional access module (CAM) that can provide a mixed free-pay TV / Radio channels.
8. Replacing the analogue terrestrial transmission network with a DTT network often results in a reduction in energy usage and it also benefit from lower maintenance costs of digital systems.
9. Digital terrestrial broadcasting will allow the implementation of single frequency networks instead of independent parallel analogue networks.
10. You may receive interactive services like EPG (Electronic program guide), Tele-Text, Date and Time in each channel. DTT can sufficiently to provide an effective low cost way for delivering e-government and other public services to people who do not have broadband access like weather information, Jobs and other governance information.
How to receive DTT Signals & How to Install DVBT2 System?
Please note: DTT Viewers may need to purchase more than one receiver depending on the number of TV sets in the household. In some cases, new aerials / Antennas are required to receive the signals for rural areas.